Wednesday, March 31

Highly Recommended: Rants from MommyLand

One of the best feelings ever for me is feeling like I'm not alone.

I heard about this fantastic blog through the grapevine.

It's hilarious!!!!

Rants from MommyLand

From the I Am Not Alone Files:

Mommy Did a Bad Thing

As I lie in bed every night, running through the day's events in my head, I wonder - is it just me? I try hard every day only to fall short. Am I special? Should I find a support group? Is my poor husband actually doing community service by staying married to me? Why has God chosen to place such wonderful children in my care, when I am so clearly an imbecile? And then I realize that I may in fact be the luckiest person in the world because in spite of who I am (an imbecile) and what I do (be imbecilic), my family and friends love me anyway. It is a miracle. The sort that is celebrated in the streets of France on odd weeks in February. And with that happy thought -- and three glasses of wine -- I fall asleep.


My MommyLand moment this week:

M and I were talking about the subway bombings in Moscow Monday night. He didn't even know they had happened! C was sitting at the table. She added her two cents.

C: "OMG! Why would someone bomb a Subway?!..........."

At that point, I wasn't even really listening as I already had my nose buried back in the computer. My ears perked up when M replied "You've got to be kidding me C___?!"

Me: "What?"

M: "She thought someone bombed a Subway sandwich shop."

C: "I didn't know they had subways in Moscow. I couldn't figure out why someone would bomb a Subway place. I mean what's so bad about selling sandwiches?"

I guess I could see that, but still. Now, if there had been a newsflash on FB she might have known. I don't think she even knows where Moscow is.

No comments:

Post a Comment