Friday, March 26

I Haven't Given Up

I haven't given up on getting things done around the house.

M took my dresser to Goodwill last Sunday. I wondered if he would ever take it, but this was a perfect example of M being on his own schedule and no amount of nagging or distress makes him move any faster. I got tired of looking at the counter in the kitchen that had a ton of his junk piled on it so I shoved it all into bags and put it all downstairs. He noticed right away, but only asked what I did with it all. He probably knew he had no room to complain since it's been over two months since I asked him to do it. He hasn't made a move to fix C's closet yet so that is next on the agenda. The door he took off months ago still sits in the hallway. (I think one of the dogs has even lifted their leg on it a couple of times.....) I am taking it downstairs this weekend.

As you might guess, the basement is a wasteland of junk. I have a broken wash machine or dryer down there from years ago. At least it's not outside in the backyard where another appliance has sat for years. The basement also houses all my fabric totes. I will be going through that all soon enough. I can't bear to part with any of it, but I might just have to. As it is, I rarely use any of it and I'm wondering if I'll ever get back to any of the PhD's that are stored either. I donated a ton of it years ago to Firehouse Quilts and I may do that again. (I donated a bunch of fabric that I had purchased before I knew what good fabric was.)

The Log Cabin Quilt has been ignored for weeks. I sewed four of the five rows and then stopped. I even bought the border fabrics so I don't really know what my problem is? The thought of another finished quilt must have scared me?! I haven't given up painting our room. I think I've got a case of nerves about it, though.

My salvation will be that warmer weather is just around the corner. It's been flirting with the Denver-area already. We're expecting another snow storm this afternoon. I always get more done in the summer.

1 comment:

  1. it's your bedroom, not the Sistine Chapel - if you don't like, paint over it till you get it the way you want it ... and i would LOVE to see your finished log cabin quilt hanging on the freshly painted wall - it's gonna be AWESOME!

    ReplyDelete