Sunday, March 7

It is What it is....

It is what it is. I felt motivated enough today even though I knew I was going to be the only one working. I don't usually, but I did today.

I couldn't let the weekend end without working on my dresser. If you can believe it, I gave more clothes away. I down to three pairs of jeans that I actually like to wear, some shirts, and some sleepwear. I need to figure out where I want to put it all since I'm going dresser-less next week. M will take it away next weekend even if I have to bribe him!

I think it's Diane that would be proud of me for finally cleaning out the unmatched sock drawer by throwing them away. I've got to figure out what to do with all the paperwork I've got stuffed in a drawer and stored on top. I'll probably just stuff everything in a tote for now. (I've got the kids' report cards, homemade cards and presents, and assorted other stuff I'm not willing to part with--yet.) I've also got years of school picture packets to store.

I found some stuff like made me grimace with embarrassment. For instance, I ran around town looking for a New Years banner and I have one still in its package from who knows when. (Nice to know that I'm consistent in my ideas. One of these days I'll get the kids together in their New Years hats to take that picture.) I found all of my Stephenie Meyer autographed books: Twilight, the recently received New Moon (for making the Twilight Quilt), Breaking Dawn, and The Host. The funny thing is that I've NEVER been about autographs and I'm still not, but I have all these books. I know how special they are! I've just never been one to display things. I also found the Twilight, the movie, T-Shirts I bought to make a T-Shirt quilt eons ago.

I have one more row on the Log Cabin quilt to sew. I think I've solved my border problem. I've never been one for plain borders of just fabric, I usually piece something, but I had one planned all along for this quilt because the quilt I used as inspiration had one. I've listened to everyone's advice, but I still like that brown Asian butterfly fabric I have. I really do think it will work. See if you can picture this? I will sew a 3" border of the brown fabric, then a light aqua fabric strip (2"?) next, and last another border of the brown fabric. I will get to use the fabric I want but also tie the border to the rest of the quilt with the aqua fabric. I think I might even use one of the very first two fabrics from the Log Cabin blocks. I've found enough of the fabric online, but I'm going to see if the lqs I bought it at still has some........next week when I get a new supply of money.

***edited, 5 p.m.

Had to get out of the house this afternoon. The kids were fighting over the cat. I left to go to the lqs. They didn't have anymore of the butterfly fabric except for FQs so I'll have to get it online.

1 comment:

  1. woo hoo!!! you threw away the socks!!! doesn't that feel better?!?!

    ReplyDelete