Friday, March 12

Promises Kept, More Promises Broken

I almost gave up blogging again, but I can't seem to to stay away. I know, I know, I keep saying...... I'm almost done reinventing myself as another person entirely and I like her much better than me, but I can't seem to stay away from here because I like the friends I've made. I'm still amazed than there are still people that choose to put up with me after so many have not.....

So, to the heart of this post!

My little A the other day slapped me silly with a comment. "I know you'll do it, Mommy, because you always keep your promises." I about choked on my coffee. (He was commenting on my promise to buy him something.) I sure have him fooled, don't I?

I'm a promise breaker. The person I break most of my promises to is myself. The fact that I break promises to other people is really evil--I only WISH I just broke promises to me!

If I know I do it, then why do I keep doing it and not just stop. I guess that's the million dollar question and the reason I'm in therapy!

No comments:

Post a Comment