Sunday, March 28

I Went a Little Crazy this Weekend....

Did that post get you visiting and reading? Probably not because what else is new?

I did go a little crazy this weekend shopping, cleaning, giving things away, and throwing things away.

I also went a little bit crazy driving my family crazy and unhappy as me, nagging them without much result. M is out right now shopping Costco and taking C to get a haircut after spending half the day at my parents helping my dad snake a sewer line. Maybe she'll come home scalped?! If he thinks I'm trying to torture him, then he's probably right. How else do I get back at him? Maybe next time they should all appeal to my better humor, be busy, and know that if they help around the house I'll feel all warm, gooey, and guilty afterwards indulging them with lasagna, a blind eye to inactivity, and other gifts? Not my family....they would rather spend half the day in their jammies, ignoring the dishes and laundry, and watching T.V. or playing computer games. It's not their fault that I want to get things done around this hell hole we call a house.

I can only hope to believe that it's laziness that afflicts my family and not that they're being spiteful.

I was in the basement today cleaning. I didn't think that there was THAT much junk down there?! I actually had some old craft magazines in a box to be given away before I retrieved half of them. Hey, I might get to some of the projects someday! I think I took more stuff down there than I threw away unfortunately. I vow to paint SOMETHING in the very near future! (Thanks Dianne for the words of encouragement. I hear what you are saying....tough thing for a entrenched perfectionist such as me, but you are so right. It's not the Sistine Chapel.) I'm totally bothered by all the fabric I have in totes. Fabric that I got such a rush buying, but now is an rarely used stash. I want to use it! I want to make quilts!

The other thing M and I are at war over is church. He thinks it's good enough to go every other week. He also doesn't mind sending the kids to Sunday school and not go to church. He told the kids they didn't have to go to school today. I got annoyed. It's hard for me to get in the spirit of religion if I'm not consistent. What you say? I could have gone by myself. Yes, but then I would have had to answer all the questions about where everyone else was. So WHAT you say? Yeah, I know.....

So I made myself feel better by buying S a Barbie and A some Legos. I may or may not have purchased Nancy Halvorsen's new book Garden Song. I also drooled over this Twilight-y fabric.


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

No comments:

Post a Comment