Saturday, March 13

What the Heck am I Doing Here?

Riddle me this....

Why is a raven like a writing desk?

OR

Why am I compelled to blog?

The questions may as well asking the same thing because there really isn't an answer to either that would make any sense to anyone.

I spent the better part of the day running around, spending money, and avoiding getting anything done around the house. It was another Saturday in my developing habit of getting up, stalking the Twilight fandom, going out for coffee, hitting Walmart to purchase targeted essentials, and then coming home to do some laundry while looking for some excuse to head back out.

Hmm..... what did I need to buy today?! A needed new jeans. He really did. I was tired of seeing him wear the capri-like pair, the pair with the rip in the knee, and the pair he can't get unsnapped. Z needed a new pillow. I needed a couple of totes to put stuff in from my dresser. I needed a new mixer to make mashed potatoes (about the only thing I ever use a mixer for).

I needed some more jeans and T-shirts. A couple of months back I bought a pair of jeans in the style I liked and the same brand, etc as my other two favorite pair that are slowly wearing out. I have been a size 12 Short since after A was born. I didn't try on the jeans. This pair I bought are bigger than the other two which I have no explanation for: same brand, same cut, same size. I kept them, but I don't like them as well. I tried on a size 10 today and they fit, but they aren't as roomy as my two favorite pair. If I lost five pounds, I think they would have been perfect. Not going to happen.......... I didn't buy any jeans today! I get SO annoyed by circumstances like this.

I bought three T's. I bought Large, but ended up returning them. I didn't like the fit of them, either. hmpf I'm going to try a medium. They were only $5 so I want to replace them. They are made of the softest cotton!

I didn't need any of the New Moon merchandise in the mini-store at WalMart. Can you imagine the sniggery grins I would attract if I wore a Edward/Robert Pattinson T-shirt? I would have liked to buy some to make a quilt, but then again, I never made the Twilight T-shirt quilt......

I managed to get to two quilt shops today. GAQF didn't have the Metro Blue fabric to finish the Log Cabin Quilt. I could have sworn that they did, but they only had the smaller flower print. I ran up to Harriet's, because I was avoiding being home as I said, and they had the fabric so I won't have to order online. I questioning myself because I don't think I got enough yardage. I need to finish this quilt, but it's a struggle.

I also went to Barnes and Noble and spent a chunk of change on some new books. I've not been reading at all and I'm anxious about that. The last book I read was Shiver--freaking AMAZING book by the way--and I've been lost ever since. I haven't been able to get into anything. Not reading and listening to music are just side effects of my issues.

Why did i go into all this crap?! I don't rightly know. It's not like it's that interesting. It's just a bunch of annoying rambling about my day. I still felt compelled to do it.

Yeah, I blog because I hope someone will read it besides me....hoping that someone will throw me a bone of a comment. The entries aren't even comment-worthy, though. It's not like I write about quilting in a meaningful way. I don't provide tips or any type of service.

Hey, M moved the dresser out of our room while I was doing all this running around. It's now in my living room. Too funny! I'm staring at a blank yellow wall now with a large area scratched to the drywall. Joy I guess I should be happy with the progress. This poking along is going to drive me more bonkers. I don't know why I'm in such a hurry. I've got the rest of my life to get things done. Let's hope it's a lengthy span of time.

1 comment:

  1. per Lewis Carroll because "It is nevar put with the wrong end in front." ... see what you've done? you've got me googling riddles first thing on a sunday morning (well, it WOULD be first thing if the time hadn't changed and now it is almost 9 instead of almost 8) ... i don't think i've ever read more than the Disney version of Alice in Wonderland and i do NOT remember the quote - at all - cuz Alice gives me the heebie jeebies ...... yesterday was a weird day for me, too - i didn't want to do anything productive, either - and i spent most of it spending money that i don't have on things that i don't need ...... and don't EVEN get me started on jeans having no quality control when it comes to fit - i bought three pairs of the same brand and the same size at the same time (after trying on one pair) and NONE of them fit the same

    ReplyDelete