Monday, April 12

Does This Sound Familiar? The Quilted Word by Frecklesquilts May 2008

I haven't changed at all! This was my first post in May 2008 on my first blog The Quilted Word by Frecklesquilts.

Okay, SO, I've tried to blog for almost two years now. I was successful for a couple of months before I got so irritated with myself that I stopped. It seemed all I did was COMPLAIN about how unhappy I was at home and at work. (I at one point wrote a whole page with pictures about how M didn't notice my haircut.) I also could never figure out how to get my layout to look the way I wanted it to or to have all the cool widget-y things that all my favorite blogs had.

Well, I haven't gotten rid of my family. (I did get a new job, though, so I hope that helps my mood for this blog. It's in the same industry--the one where furniture is NOT just furniture so I'm sure I'll have some bad days.) I'm still inept as far as the widgets go, but my 12-year old daughter has gotten pretty good about stuff like that. I'm not going to promise myself or anyone else that this blog is going to be all sunshine and light, but I will try to keep it on the brighter side of my life. It will probably be heavy on quilting because it's what I do when I'm not too down or distracted. I do write about other things besides quilting, but don't get too excited because I'm pretty boring.

If I can ever figure out how to get a picture of me up and which one I dare use--I think the last good picture I took was at my wedding 14 years ago and before that at age 5--you will understand "Frecklesquilts". I've never been that original.

If you can stand sarcasm-filled witless writing, I invite you back anytime!

HUgZ,

Shannon


So, what does this say about me? I'll never change? I should give up trying? hmmmm.....

No comments:

Post a Comment