Saturday, April 10

Snatch Myself Bald

Some words of advice....

Don't go get your haircut after you've just read an article about how layers are supposed to make you look younger AND when you are mad at the world. I got my haircut last night impulsively.

I left work early yesterday to get my nails done. I couldn't stand them anymore. It had been over three weeks since I had them done so they looked terrible, were too long, and in danger of needing more than a rebase. I got the slow gal so it took me about an hour and a half in the chair. ugh! I didn't have time to get my haircut since I had to head home to spell my dad from watching the kids.

C decided to go to the last bit of soccer practice last night after her track meet so I dropped her off and zipped over to Great Clips. I never know what to do with my hair. It's gotten shorter and shorter over the years because my hair is one more thing I don't want to deal with. I told the stylist chin length and layers. I was disappointed last night, but I think it looks okay now since I blew it dry and styled it. I was really worried last night and was ready to be bald.



C likes it. M had nothing to say. We got into an argument yesterday morning about a youth group event and church in general. He told me to stop yelling--I wasn't, but that's how he bosses me even in an argument and I get even more flustered, forgetting what I'm really arguing about because the argument has been shifted to me "yelling"--and so I was annoyed the rest of the day and was in silent-treatment-mode when I got home. I also tuned everyone out with the IPod. If he said anything, I didn't hear him. He probably didn't, though, since he never has anything to say about the way I look. Yeah, I know....

I spent more time in the basement today, but I mostly just moved stuff around and swept up more dirt and fuzz. I've been so caught up in my emotions that I haven't been talking that much about the house and talking about the fact that I've been working bit by bit. I cleaned the mantle off today, too. I don't think M is too happy with me "dealing" with his stuff, but I'm tired of waiting for him to deal with it. I've been picking it all up and either putting it downstairs or on his side of the room on his dresser, etc.

I went through my sewing table drawers to go through all the junk in them. I've been seriously considering moving the sewing table downstairs and taking a break from quilting. I don't know if I can. I'm going to see how I feel in a week or so. I don't have any place to put the table in the basement right now to store it. I did pull all the junk out of the drawers, threw a ton of stuff away, and put the rest in a tote. Most of the things weren't items that I used everyday anyway. I still have five totes of fabric and projects in the living room. I went through all my ripped out quilting magazine pages so the itch is there to start another project. Forget the fact that I've abandoned the Log Cabin Quilt (more about that later) and become bored with the Keeping the Faith Quilt. (I've not totally abandoned it, but the blocks are so monotonus and I need something to work on besides making 96 half strip paper pieced blocks.)

I chucked the old New Moon Quilt blocks. I couldn't stand looking at them anymore up on the wall and they don't fit my plan. They represented the yuck that went with that entire situation and I feel like I'm closer to totally moving on.

1 comment:

  1. I think your hair is cute. I am always in the process of growing mine out. I get bored and cut it and immediately regret it!

    ReplyDelete