Sunday, April 11

Staycations, Soccer, and Car Shows

I've decided I need a Staycation sans husband and children. I want to take some time off to putter around the house and sew. If wishing were hopin'.... It's difficult for me to take time off because I don't have vacation benefits with this job. If I don't work, I don't get paid.

We were up bright and early for C's make-up soccer game. She had to be at the field at 8:30. I didn't get up early enough so M took her to the field and then came back for me. He bought me breakfast at McD's, but no coffee since I'd made my latte at home. If I'd of only known, I would have held out for an iced coffee. C's team lost and one of her teammates broke her wrist when she fell by trying to brace herself in the fall. I get ill just thinking about it because I think about C getting hurt. She' been pretty lucky so far--the only injury she's really had was when she broke her toe years ago on the playground kicking a soccer ball around with the boys wearing inappropriate shoes. She's got a nagging foot injury right now that we're not sure about the cause--the ball of her foot hurts after exercise. She's been icing it, but she's in discomfort after playing. I'm probably going to have to take her to the doctor. He'll probably just tell her to rest it.

It was also picture day today so M spent an hour or so this afternoon hanging out at the park with the kids so they could get their individual and team pictures taken. M reminded me to take their pics together before they left.



Soccer, Soccer, Soccer..... This after the three games yesterday!

M headed off to the Automobile Show when they got back. He loves to go and I'm happy to stay home. It would probably be like me dragging him to a quilt show. At this stage of our marriage, we don't even pretend to be interested in going together to events like this.

I tried an experiment last night and I'm not sure about the results. S spent the night at her friend's house. I slept in her bed. I didn't sleep all that well. I think I woke up just as much in that bed as I do usually in mine. I wish I had used my earplugs to make the experiment even. I'll have to wait until one of the girls spends the night to try again. It's 9 and I'm exhausted! I did work hard this weekend so may be that's why?

I took some more pictures of some of the uglies in my house....

From a couple of years ago. M thought this brown would be nice.

We used to have stained glass in the window of the door. It fell out and we now have plexiglass. So....Attractive and safe.

Thank you dogs for the tear and the snotty glass. One of the many screens that needs to be replaced.

The fireplace. The previous owner thought it was a good idea to paint the brick black and speckle it with white. The brass front doesn't fit right and the heat from the gas fireplace has discolored the paint. The chainlink screen is filthy.

Thanks, again, dogs! No we don't have rabid termites... The dogs chewed the wood posts when we used to keep them back there during the day.


M started patching the wall a couple of weeks ago. He hasn't done anything else. He left the container and spatula on the floor. It's still there as we speak.

No comments:

Post a Comment