Friday, April 16

Open Invitation

I have found another Twilight group to hang out at. For adults and fantas-tical chit chat allowed, including shirtless photos and open discussion of the books and movies. No more Rated G crap and cloying religious undertones. Yesterday one of the things discussed was Edward's commando status in Breaking Dawn. While I didn't partake in much of this convo, I didn't shy away from reading the posts nor was I put-off by such discussion.

NO QUILT TALK, I promise!!!! They don't even know that I do....hahahahahaha

I have another quilting friend that lives in Houston. We stay in touch mostly just on FB now. I met here while participating in the swap group I discussed in yesterday's post and she was the one who I went to the Arkansas retreats with (I actually flew down to Houston and then drove up to Arkansas with her so I wouldn't have to fly into Arkansas by myself, do the rental car thing, etc.). She's always been wonderfully supportive and hasn't kicked me to the curb over anything I've ever done or said. I'm sorry to say that I've drifted away the past couple of years. We still drop each other an occasional email, too.

I've always had an open invitation to visit, but never taken her up on it. I got involved with Twilight in 2008 and took a couple of trips that year in support of my fan-aticism so I haven't gone. She has a quilting group that she put together that meets on the third Saturday of the month to sew. She's always said I should come down on a Thursday or Friday, go to the sew-in, and fly home whenever.

I'm seriously considering inviting myself down real soon. I think it would be good for me! I'm going to suggest this fall.....

2 comments: