Thursday, April 8

Good Sharing

I've been sharing a lot lately. Probably too much.... TMI as C would say.

I started reading another book yesterday and ended up finishing it last night in a fit. My plans didn't include reading last night, but I ended up hiding out in my room to get away from it all and never came back out. I had intended on watching In Plain Sight, but after getting into it with S about her school project and missing the first 20 minutes of the show I stomped off to my room for some quiet time and to calm down. I never came back out to watch the later showing since I decided to finish my book and then I read with A. We labored for over a half an hour with a SpongeBob book that he wanted to read himself with me having to read every third word. Nevermind that it was already 9:00 and the book was mind-numbing. I couldn't be anything but positive since he was reading something! (I'm hiding the book, though!)

A note about school projects: I hate them! What parent doesn't? Be honest now..... Another note: Neither one of my girls were blessed with my procrasination gene. You would think that this would be a good thing, right? This project isn't due until Monday but S wanted to finish it that night. Ugh! Her dad took her out to buy modeling clay before dinner after her first attempt and making the diorama with cut-out paper figures the night before fell apart. I admire her gumption and independence, but CHILL and at least have a plan before jumping headfirst into a project! We didn't have any glue except for Superglue in the house and it was 8:00 p.m. (I have two phobias that I'm aware of: SuperGlue and Frozen Nitrogen. Funny, but true.) She ended up in tears and I ended up in my room for the evening. M ended up in computer game heaven, but what else is new?!

Back to the good sharing. Ha!

The book I read was If I Stay by Gayle Forman. I cried the whole way through it. I'm glad I read it, but still I'm so sad about it even though it had a good ending if you can call it that with what happens in the book. (Use the link for an excerpt and sample of the audiobook.)

Here is a trailer:



Really, watch the trailer if you can.

Mia has it all going for her. She's a brilliant cellist with Juilliard aspirations, has cool parents, an adorable younger brother, the best of bestfriends, and a totally wonderful boyfriend. Her family decides to take a roadtrip on a Snow Day and has a devastating accident. Will Mia stay or die? It's up to her. The book is written from Mia's perspective and in flashbacks as Mia struggles to make her decision.

1 comment:

  1. I feel like "Projects" for school are parents homework!!! I despise them. I always ask my kids what grade WE got!

    ReplyDelete