Wednesday, April 28

Too Much to Say.....

I fear I have too much to say for this blog.  LOL

I'm a little out of it today because I was up SO late last night.  I was in one of those moods to work.  I was warm so I wasn't distracted.  I had a project that I had to finish....  I wasn't going to let that pesky N beat me!  M was sawing logs big time so I had another reason to stay up.  And, I need to catch the replay of L&O Criminal Intent that the kids, dh, and dogs talked/barked through the first time.

A few updates:

S and BFF made up.  Of course they did.....  I probably almost messed it up with all my worrying and chatting.  They came out of their student council meeting arm and arm according to my dad.  They were best buds at soccer practice.  S snagged an invitation to BFF's poetry reading tomorrow night.  So, apparently ALL is well.

We've got two more birthdays this weekend.  C will be 14 and A is turning 7.  We don't have any big plans.  It's another soccer weekend.  A wants to see Iron Man 2 so he'll have to wait for that.  He wants a Cars cake that he saw at Target for some reason?!  I'm sure we'll BBQ or something to celebrate.

C exchanged her idea of having a hotel slumber party with friends for an IPod Touch long ago.  I must have been high as a loon or needy when I agreed to buy it for her.  The price tag alone is sending me into fits that and the fact she dropped her phone into the dogs' water last week makes me cringe.  (The phone survived for a week after that, but now she's had to trade it in for her dad's old phone because hers stopped working from the water damage or excessive texting.  Either he didn't insure it or even if he had dropping it in water would have made it unreplaceable.  I wouldn't know...)  We will definitely load up on the most extensive warranty we can buy.  Teenagers and their electronics.  She went into a fit last night when I suggested may be she wanted a new phone instead of the Touch.  (She's generally a great kid so I excused her crying fit, etc that she had to this suggestion as related to PMS, teenagerish behavior, and/or my crazy genes.)  According to her in her moment of temporary insanity, we should replace her phone and buy her the Touch for her birthday.

$300.00 =

30yds of  fabric for me

Trip to Houston for me

New bed for Shannon and M's room

I'm not making my case......  LOL

HOW ABOUT:

Summer reading classes for A (yes, the exact price--we called)

1 new bed and mattress for the girls room

nice addition to her savings

OR a charitable donation like this altruistic child



I KNOW, I KNOW not as much fun

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the touch. Blake had 1 and demolished it in the door of the car. Im sure girls are way more carefull than boys!LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lemme get this straight - a HOTEL SLUMBER PARTY?!? are you kidding me? whatever happened to having a friend or two over for pizza and pancakes?!? and EXCHANGING it for a $300 electronic gadget that will be outdated in six months?!? that's a lotta money for a 14th birthday gift, innit? kinda .... unrealistic. and maybe a bit - i dunno - what's the word i'm looking for ... selfish, maybe? unreasonable?

    p.s. - none of my kids were altruistic, either ... i'm just sayin'

    ReplyDelete