Wednesday, April 28

Give Me an N

I'm glad I didn't give up on this!

I kept at my N and I think I did it.....



I typed an n in Word and then copied it to the clipboard.  I pasted it into Paint, made it red, and then saved it as a .bmp file (format EQ5 accepts).  I cropped as much of the background out as I could. I used the EQ5 Easy Draw application.  6" block.  Imported the n, centered it and adjusted so it fit the 6" square.  I sectioned the block out and then went at it to get the shape of the letter, including as much of the curves as I could considering it's a paper pieced pattern.





This is what I ended up with....MUCH better than my first attempt in my opinion.  This is the colored version. (batik fabrics from the fabric library)




The drawing or pattern.  I let EQ5 group the sections, but I renumbered them.

There is a free program available called Cute PDF that I downloaded onto my laptop.  I used it to convert the pattern to a .pdf file.  (really cool little program that hooks up to "print" in EQ5, but really just saves the file to your computer as a .pdf.)

I uploaded the file to Mediafire as a stored file.

Now to sew it.....I'm my own pattern tester.

I'm eager to try an e.  It's going to be TOUGH!!!!

1 comment: