Saturday, April 3

Let the Games Begin

Three of four kids are playing soccer this season. Today was the first weekend for games since they got snowed out two weeks ago and there weren't any games scheduled last weekend because of Spring Break. I like watching the kids play, but I could do without all the practice time as a parent. I know the kids need the practice. I'm always running somewhere, though. I'm glad that C is old enough to be dropped off since her practices conflict with S's, but she still practices three times a week for two hours plus a night and we've not been getting home until after 7:00. I know that they love to play so I guess it makes it easy when all is said and done for me to do my part. We've stocked up on quick foods for dinner. I really should do some crockpot dinners so we're not eating microwaved stuff all the time.

I also need to get together a project I can do by hand to fill the hours. I've been reading so far to fill the time, but I've had some difficulty finding books that are worth my time lately. I usually zip right through a book so I need to stockpile some more, too. I just finished The Help--totally amazing book due it's own separate entry soon.

S's team got trounced. This is S's second year playing and she has fun even though they don't win much. She got to start this game so she was even happier. A's team won big. This is A's first year playing and you can tell. He got turned around a lot. He's not afraid of playing, though, so hopefully he'll catch on.




I was supposed to get a better picture, but I kept forgetting and then he had his uniform off before I knew when we got home.

Some other things for the day, but I'm too tired to write. I did start the Keep the Faith Quilt today and there's some drama about that related to church. I'm loving my fabrics a lot and I can't wait to share the blocks! (Oh, and the fabric I thought I would have to order online? With careful planning and cutting, I think I can get away with the 2 FQs I purchased for the quilt and NOT have to order more. Phew!)

Happy Easter early if I don't post tomorrow. My little church manages to have two Easter services. C and Z are acolyting separately at each so M and I will probably split up to attend or attend both. We hadn't really decided.... I guess we'll see how we feel tomorrow. There's a breakfast in between that I was supposed to make something for, but I didn't decide on that either. So wishy washy am I! I did manage to get the kids' baskets done and I ended up with an extra bunny that I never returned. Oh, well....

1 comment:

  1. Sahnnon, I don't know how you do it with 3 kids that all have soccer practice and games? Our oldest Blake has to have surgery on his shoulder on Wednesday so after that we will only have to go to McKay's track meets. Happy Easter to your family!

    ReplyDelete