Friday, April 30

New Moon


I finished the last two letters tonight.  Is it too much of me to be thrilled with my work?  I can't say that I had fun doing these letters, but I feel great having done them.  I'm sure that a better designer would have done a better job.  And, I haven't actually pieced them yet so they could turn out to be utter crap in actual fabric.  On paper they look fine, though....









I'm going to try to piece them this weekend in between soccer games and other responsibilities.  I think I'll need to to get more gold fabric.  (I'm fortunate that the quilt shop is having an overstock sale with 24% savings with cash payment.)  I also need to decide on the size to make them.  I drafted them as 6", but my moons are 6" and I think I want the letters to be smaller.  I also have completely figured out how to accomplish the effect I want so that the letters roll, pull, or flip over the moons to loosely mimic the opening title sequence of the movie.  I'm pretty sure that my idea is impossible and too grandiose even for me....

I may have more time to overthink things, though, as I'm VERY tempted to go to the Mancuso Quilt Show tomorrow.  It will all depend on whether I can be controlled enough to go with money burning a whole in my pocket because there is also a vendor mall.  I already had my treat getting my nails done--it was either that or lose them to growth.

I have also picked out the first Eclipse blocks so I should probably really stay home!  Kismet....  a cool block showed up at one of my favorite sites.  I also went to Goodwill and picked up a pair of jeans and a flannel shirt.  I'm trying to decide on whether or not to use Bubble Jet or not....the quilt artist who had a shop in my neighborhood was decidedly against the solution as she said it is one of the worst products to use because of deterioration, weak colors, etc.  I haven't been able to find much to corroborate her claims online so I'm very torn despite the fact that she is a highly respected fiber atrist. (Heather Thomas)


1 comment:

  1. looks awesome on my computer screen!

    i am SO staying away from any more quilt shows/hops/whatevers - i get into enough trouble just going to BOM meetings ... and i gotta stop spending more on fabric than i make in a year - ha ha ha!

    ReplyDelete