Friday, April 2

Lunch, Quilting, and Fabric

Today is day #2 of my vacation. M and I split up the kids' Spring Break and took days off to cover. He was off for three days and I took Thursday and Friday off. One of these days, we will take a vacation together. I can't remember when that last happened.

My mom turned 60 on the 31st. My sis and I took her to Olive Garden, sans kids, for lunch yesterday. I enjoyed being out with these girls and sharing the two deserts I talked my mom into. I truly feel the love when I'm with them. They know me and don't mind being around me. Yes, it's my mom and sis but still! My sis works crazy hours as an assistant manager for WalMart so I rarely get to see her. We still have plans for dinner and a movie, but I'm waiting of her to say when. She was the best and resupplied my Cinnamon Dolce syrup and Via as a belated birthday gift.

I popped into two quilt shops to get the rest of the yardage I need for my Keeping the Faith Quilt. Now that I decided upon the 7 perfect fabrics, I needed to get enough of them. Well, guess what?! You know it....one of the fabrics only had a FQ left and I need a total of 1yd to be on the safe side. I wasn't thinking when I bought it that there wasn't more to be had. The store looked up when the bolt was finished and it was 3/12. Durn it! I found it at only ONE store online and I have to HAVE it. This is just the way I am folks. So, it looks like I'll be spending $15 with shipping to get my ONE yard of fabric, that is, unless I can find something I like better. 1)I've been searching all over town for the perfect blues and I don't think I'm going anywhere else. 2)If I do, I never buy just one fabric so it's probably cheaper to spend the $15.

Today's plans are simpler. I need to finish two things for my secret quilting project. I'm going to try to start the Faith quilt and I will if I decide that I'm committed to ordering the fabric online. I also need to work a little around the house so I don't feel guilty about doing nothing. (and to one-up M since he accomplished NOTHING during his three days off.) I'd like to fit some baking in, too. This weekend is going to be BUSY so I need to accomplish as much as I can. Church egg hunt, soccer games, and Easter. We're full up!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds like something that would happen to me! I hope you get that yard of fabric!

    Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete