Tuesday, April 27

Girls Will Be Girls

This momma bear needs to be caged.

When I got home yesterday I could tell my Sarah Beara was down in the dumps.  She had been sick since last Thursday and Monday was her first day back.  (They were off Friday.)  I thought she might be still not feeling well or had a lot of homework.  After some patience on both our parts, I got the story out of her.

Her BFF and her had a tiff and S was feeling the sting.

If I believe everything she told me (and I do to a point....with two girls and even with the boys, I've become a master at reading between the lines), she dared talk and play with the wrong person.  Now her BFF has said that they should take a break from each other (according to her mother) and see other people.  S is heartbroken.

I texted the mom and then phoned yesterday afternoon.  (Side note:  we've also become friendlier of late.  It's hard not to with the girls spending so much time together.  We also both like Twilight.  Her son is the same age as C.  We actually talked with each other for over an hour and a half at soccer practice.  We both shared more personal info than we ever had before.)  I got "their" side of the story.

It's all rather involved.  The back story is that this girl that S talked to has been mean to S's BFF in the past.  I think there is more to the story.  Who knows?!   I suggested we let things play out.  No matter how much I want to interfer, I know it's best to let them resolve it on their own.  (I'm so tempted to, though...Mama Bear, remember?  And, I went through something similar with C in second grade that was so difficult--C was a basket case that year and even started losing her hair from all the upset.)

The girls usually meet up in the morning.  I asked S how she wanted to handle things.  She didn't know.  I suggested that she act like nothing had happened and act like normal because if she didn't the BFF might think that S was mad at HER.  We walked over together to the girl's car and she got out, but the mom stayed inside.  I had A with me so we walked up ahead.  The girls didn't even talk to each other.  When we got to their line, BFF walked away from S without a word and met up with another girl.

The mom had stayed in her car so I went up to chat.  I told her what happened.  She said she would talk to her daughter.  She seemed unsympathetic, but not rude to me or anything.  She said she hoped they made up and perhaps it would happen today or after school at their student council meeting. I vow to be patient.......

Any advice is welcome!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment