Monday, April 12

How Did THIS Quilt Become a UFO?

Some might wonder: what ever happened to the Log Cabin Quilt?!

I had four of five rows pieced together and just needed to sew the fifth row blocks together and then add it to the rest of the quilt top. I reluctantly agreed on the border fabric. Yes, that's the problem. I was never sold on the border fabric.





I guess I never got over not being able to use my first choice of border fabrics.



I could never sell M on it. The butterflies bugged him and he thought the aqua clashed.

My problem with his decision? It's not that the fabric isn't nice enough. It's simply too traditional for me and not funky enough.

I came across the Large Whimsy line while blog surfing Colorado bloggers the other day. I'm bound and determined to get some green in this quilt. If you thought M had a problem with butterflies, you just wait.

I like this one in particular:



I know I'm not the type to use fabric I'm not in love with. I don't know what I'm going to do?! Well........maybe that's not really the case.

1 comment:

  1. so THAT'S what has happened to your over-the-bed quilt ... you're just waiting for its first best destiny.

    ReplyDelete