Sunday, May 23

Another First

Twilight gets me to do all kinds of stuff....

I've had my machine for over 10 years.  It's a Pfaff 7530 and I've always loved it, but never used all of it's functions.  I've embroidered only a bit with it.  After my frustrations today with my hand embroidery, I decided what the hell.  I got my manual out and messed around with how to do some lettering.



I used this picture as my inspiration.  Wuthering Heights is one of the books that got a special "Twilight" cover.


The block features a cover that can be opened and pages inside of the paragraphs that contain the quotes from Wuthering Heights that are featured in Eclipse.



I had to pink the edges which I'm not crazy about because they got messy, but they were starting to ravel already so I had to do something.  This block really tested me.  I learned a lot and I wouldn't mind making it again just to see if I could make it better using what I learned along the way.

Wuthering Heights is important to B&E's story in Eclipse.  I'm glad that "I" gave it it's proper due for our quilt.  Much better!

1 comment:

  1. Wow- the pages are great! Since you are an 'old pro' at this, can you recommend a sewing machine that is good at embroidering, but doesn't cost thousands?

    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete