Sunday, May 2

Under the Weather

I've not felt well all weekend.  I've got some type of stomach ailment that is making my life miserable.  The worst part about it is that it has sapped my energy.  I don't know if it's another bug or if I ate something somewhere that wasn't "good".

I would like to be posting an E right right now, but no.  I missed one of the sections and didn't realize it until I was pulling the paper off. *&%$  I'm so mad at myself because when I was sewing it, I wondered where #8 was, but I didn't double check and went about my merry way.  I thought it was because I didn't number it right when I made the pattern.  Ugh....

I popped out for a break to hit another quilt store earlier today.  I went to Creative Needle yesterday.  (It's no secret the reason I shop is because of the greetings and recognition that I get when I walk in.  "Hello, Shannon!"  It's so comforting.)  The store stocks some locally made candy at the counter.  I buy the chocolate covered raisins and joke that I come in for the candy and buy fabric.  They were out last time.  Marge saw me and made sure I knew she had restocked.  LOL....  I was up at GAQF just to get out of the house and to make up for the fact that I didn't go to the quilt show.

I got some red batik for the Eclipse ribbon, nicely mottled/marbled with great color variation, and some Civil War FQs, that I didn't really need because I have quite a stash already, but I was needing a fabric fix.  I didn't buy too much because I need to test the red out and GAQF is having a sale this weekend.

We are celebrating the last of the kids' b'days tonight.  I picked up A's cake from Target, a Star Wars one, and are set to celebrate soon.  This is the first time for a Target cake.  I decided to try them out since we were so disappointed with King Soopers for mine.  Z used some of his money for Nerf guns and they are out playing so I'm letting them have their fun--at least they're outside.  A picked out a large Star Wars Lego set for his gift.  C got her Touch....I am so jealous and I've put it on my list of wants.  It's very cool!!!

S is upset with me because I didn't make her Snickerdoodle cookies.  Nothing I every do is good enough--forget the fact that I took her to WalMart today so she could spend her money.  I don't do one thing that I didn't absolutely promise to do this weekend and I'm like one of the evil "moms" from a Disney movie.  I've stil got to make cupcakes for A's class tomorrow.  I'm horrible at making cupcakes.  I've tried to talk him into donuts all day, but he won't give in.  I saw some this afternoon at Target, but they were 2x the amount I could justify spending.

Back to the E....

1 comment: