Wednesday, May 19

Kicked Around

I'm feeling sorry for myself today more than ever and you all get to hear about it if you choose to read on.....

I'm still sick for one.  My cold is hanging with me.  I'm feeling a tad better, but know I'm blowing my nose every five minutes and coughing more.  My lips are chapped from mouth breathing because I can't seem to keep enough lip balm on them.  I didn't sleep well at all last night.  I also have developed a irritating female issue that I finally got medicine for today only to open the box and discover that the topical medicine somehow got left out.  (My delay was the result of me refusing to use my own money to pay for it.  We have a medical reimbursement type account with a credit card and I kept forgetting to get it from M.)  I am such a fool sometimes.

I finished S's shrug last night so she could wear her new dress with her friend today.  I made it out of a T-shirt for $6 and my time instead of paying $20.00 for one at the store.  It turned out.......okay.  I don't like sewing clothes period and never knit.  I could tell S didn't think it was up to snuff.  I thought it looked fine.  I am not such a perfectionist when it comes to stuff like this or anything other than quilting.  She made it look worse but continually tugging on it this morning and I was ready to slap her.

Needless, to say I didn't sew any more quilt blocks last night after soccer, making dinner, and the shrug.  I almost started a new block at 10 p.m before I thought better of it.  I had left my patterns out in the car and, frankly, was too lazy and tired to go out and get them.

The only thing I did manage to accomplish was to work on the Twilight blog a little more.  I did that while watching some T.V.  I love The Good Wife.

1 comment: