Saturday, May 8

Eclipse Charity Quilt: Jacob's Note



Eclipse Charity Quilt:  Jacob's Note

I ran my fingers across the page, feeling the dents where he had pressed the pen to the paper so hard that it had nearly broken through.... ....Don't give yourself a brain hemorrhage, Jacob, I would have told him.  Just spit it out. (Eclipse, p. 4)


Block Details:

7" with .5" white frame and "photo corners" on all sides, 8" finished

Levi's jeans and flannel shirt with red cotton fabric for "undershirt".

Wood grain fabric used on left side of block.  (Charlie's kitchen in Twilight is described as having yellow cabinets and dark wood panelling.)

Jacob's note was copied from the book, edited to be on one page, and then printed on Printed Treasures photo fabric.  I pinked the edges and crumpled up the note a little before folding it an slipping it into Bella's pocket.  The note can be taken out of the pocket.

I shoved the wrinkled paper into my back pocket and ran.... (Eclipse, p.5)

My friend, Juliet, says to give a shout out.  "You go girl!!!"  (Please finish our blog!)

Next up?  I'm toying with a Jacksonville, FL postcard block.  It may still include the Paper Panache airplane but I want to make it so it doesn't look like it's crashing.  (I'll have to break out the vellum so I can make the plane point in the right direction without actually reversing the pattern.)





1 comment: