Sunday, May 30

Eclipse Quilt: Imprinting


I kept the block.  I did as suggested by my Twilight group and M.  I went with the paw.

I used the really neat Upside Down Applique method for this block that I've been wanting to try for months.  It wasn't necessary for this block, but I can see how it could be very helpful for more difficult blocks with a lot of detail and little pieces and for which it was developed.  By the fourth pad, I knew what I was doing for my satin stitch.  I think all of the paw looks okay, though.  The black parts are supposed to be nails and I did them in black batik fabric, but I didn't satin stitch them.  They are only straight stitched.

The pads are in the softest brown flannel, I've ever felt.  Another interactive detail......  I couldn't stop touching the fabric.

Don't forget my Twilight quilt blog.  This block isn't there yet, nor is Graduation.

I was out all day in the heat at the soccer tournament.  I was wiped out.  I finished the Imprinting block, but that was it.  The computer was tied up, too, or I might have done my write-ups.

1 comment:

  1. i didn't see anything wrong with the spiral heart before - but the paw just makes it that much way cooler - it is excellent (makes me want to touch it)!!!

    ReplyDelete