Saturday, May 22

Disappointment

I was hoping I'd never have to worry about stuff like this.

I was dead asleep when the phone-----home phone and the one we never answer-----rang a little after 12 a.m. this morning.  It's true what they say that not much good happens after midnight.  M was still up.  We didn't get to the phone in time, but it rang right back within seconds.

C, 14, spent the night at a friend's last night.  They spent the earlier part of the evening at the rec center for teen night.  I had no worries because I've not had to worry before......as far as we knew.  I'm not stupid to think that nothing goes on, but until now we've never gotten the call before.

M was told to come get her by the local police force at the intersection of so and so.

She was with at least seven other kids.  There were five police officers there with lights going and the entire street blocked off according to my husband.  The official charge/ticket was for breaking curfew.  Yes, a ticket was issued and we have a court date.

I have numerous questions as you can imagine!

3 comments:

  1. there's a mathematical formula for the amount of brain capacity in a group of teenagers ... if there is one teenager, you have ONE (teenaged) brain ... with two you have ONE HALF of a (teenaged) brain ... with three you have ONE THIRD of a (teenaged) brain ... and with SEVEN - well, do the math......

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry this happened, but Thank God she is okay! Maybe she will learn something from this that will keep her from trouble and/or harm later on. Hang in there and I will say a prayer for y'all. You will get through this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So Sorry!!! It sucks when we realize that they are not as innocent as we had previously believed!

    ReplyDelete