Monday, May 3

Eclipse Charity Quilt: Jacob's Note

I purchased some jeans and a flannel shirt at Goodwill last week for the Jacob's Note block.  I got a very good deal on the clothing since it was 50% Green Tag Day...the jeans were only $1.99 so I almost don't feel so bad cutting them up.


The idea for the block was an original idea based upon text straight from the book.  Bella shoves Jacob's wrinkled note into her back pocket hastily when she realizes that Charlie is burning something he is cooking. (Eclipse pp. 1-4)

I will print Jacob's note on Printed Treasures pretreated fabric photo sheets, unchanged as it appears in the Eclipse.  (I have to reload all my Twilight fonts because they were lost when the hard drive crashed and I don't think they got saved.)  I'm going to purposely crinkle the "note" up before I sew and attach it to the jeans in such a way that the note can be taken out of the pocket.

I'm pushing my luck to think I can make two of every block right now, but I will at least save the other pocket just in case.

I will also need to make the final decision on block size.  I have worked on redrafting the setting I found online, but I'm not sure how much I can change block sizes in it without giving myself a quilt headache.  It would be nice to have different block sizes to create interest.

My co-conspirators have asked me to start a Twilight-dedicated blog, but I don't know if I have the time.  I can stop to create another blog or I can sew.....  I don't have time for both, especially when I know that I won't be able to just use a plain Blogger template.

No comments:

Post a Comment