Saturday, May 22

Heat Wave

Summer is here or at least on its way if today's temp is any indication.  M has been hustling around getting the swamp cooler going.  I am in my element, but I admit to feeling lazy and wanting to take a nap all afternoon.  The younger kids have been out in the sprinkler for the first time this season.  C has been doing penance by doing chores, namely trying to get the top of my stove clean all day--so much for cleaning it and keeping it clean after every time we use it.

I'm taking a break from a frustrating day of sewing.  My Wuthering Heights block is driving me crazy.  I wanted to get the embroidery started so I could have some handwork available.  The size of my lettering an placement has ended up being TOO difficult for me.  I've tried two differents stitches and even tried my machine.  I moving the title and using a bigger font.  I hate it when I can't make my brilliant ideas work.  I dislike failure.....

Off to the store to buy some stuff for dinner.  I can't believe I'm going to turn on the oven to cook meatloaf, but we've got hamburger to be had and that's about it!

No comments:

Post a Comment