Sunday, May 9

Letters to Juliet

I took the girls to see Letters to Juliet this afternoon.  I scored free passes for the sneak preview.  I picked a theater that I thought wasn't going to be too busy and I was right.  We only arrived an hour early and were one of the first 20 people to seat.  The theater filled up quickly in the last half hour.  By arriving early, we got to sit where we wanted.  (I'm that way.  I'd always rather arrive early and sit in my preferred area.  I just feel better sitting in my area.  LOL)

Because the movie was free, I didn't so much as blink at the $4 I paid for S's Sour Skittles....well, maybe just a little.  I could afford the popcorn and drink, too.  Okay, not that my complaining about concession prices is done....  I can't talk about going to the movies without complaining about the prices.

The movie was very good.  I have admittedly low standards for movie, but this one exceeded them.  Basically, a movie can't be too stupid or unbelievable.  I don't even mind if I have it all figured out--in fact more's the better.  Romances are my favorite as long as I can be assured that no one dies in the end or that there is a happily ever after ending.  I'm not going to be sorry about that!

Synopsis and SPOILERS:




Sophie is a Fact Checker for the New Yorker, but yearns to be a writer.  She is engaged to Victor, a chef and restauranteur.  They take a pre-honeymoon trip and pseudo-business trip for Victor to Verona, Italy.  Victor is soon distracted with meetings and trips with suppliers, leaving Sophie to wander Verona on her own.  She visits Juliet's Wall in Verona and accidently unearths Claire's 50 year old letter to Lorenzo.  She answers Claire's letter as one of Juliet's Secretaries.  Claire and her grandson, Charlie, arrive in Verona as a result of Sophie's response.  Charlie is none to happy with Sophie as he sees Claire's quest to find Lorenzo as a fool's errand and one that might end in heartbreak.  Will Claire find her Lorenzo?  Will Sophie discover true love with Charlie?


Well, HELLO, this is a Romance Movie!!!!!!

Oh, and I got to see the Eclipse trailer on the big screen.  AWESOME!! (nothing new, same trailer)  Letters... and Eclipse are both Summit movies.

M took the boys to see Iron Man II.  I kind of wanted to see it, but I'll be fine to see it on DVD.  M says it's good, but story heavy with the action mostly in the last bit of the movie.  A got bored and squirmy after awhile.  (He's seven.)  Z (12) enjoyed himself, though.

I got M's apple pie made.  I made lasagna tonight.  (I'm wishing I'd waited.  M was going to get us Chinese food.)  We needed to use of the spaghetti sauce I made last week so it's all good!

1 comment: