Tuesday, May 11

Holding Down the Fort

I've started and discarded no less than five blog posts the past couple of days.  I guess I'm not in the mood to complain or maybe it's just that words fail me?  Anywho, I'm knee deep in quilt blocks and I've not been able to focus much on anything else.  In the back of my mind, I have the sneaking suspicion that it will all be a fool's folly but I'm having fun for now combining quilting and Twilight again.  I'm actually having fun working with a friend who is like minded in goals and purpose. 

I'm at work today holding down the fort.  Boss #1 is at a food show with our other employee.  Boss #2 is out of town making the rounds and attending another show.  I'm.....blogging.  I'm about to go stir crazy with inactivity.  I'm stretching an hour's worth of work into an all day job.  My next big event of the day will be when the mail gets here.  We've been taste testing a couple of new products.  I'm not in the know about much that goes on around here so it's always fun when suddenly I'm asked to try something.  I don't think I ever give the right answers, though.  I picked a competitor's product in a blind test yesterday as the one I liked better.  Oops!  LOL  (I actually didn't really like either one....it was a cream cheese/mexican cheese jalapeno concoction wrapped in a spring roll.  I don't like spicy things and my mouth was on fire after eating both samples.  I would have liked it just fine without the jalapenos.)  I was trying spinach cream cheese rangoons last week and they were yum-O.  I wanted more spinach, though.  What do I know?!  It's not always how good something tastes.  Sure, it's important that it tastes good but cost is always an important factor in addition to how something looks and will be eaten as an appetizer.

It's the same old same old at home.  By all rights soccer should be done, but I will be taking the kids to practices for a few weeks more.  A has got a couple of make up games that we're not sure if both will be played so he's still practicing with his team.  C and S are both doing a tournament on Memorial Day Weekend.  C's coach is pressuring her to play another position on offense.  C insists she prefers defense.  I keep telling her she should take it as a compliment since her coach must think she is skilled enough to learn and play a couple of positions.  I think her reluctance is just nerves.  Me, I'd probably prefer offense.  I think it would be easier on me to miss out on a scoring opportunity than it would to be on the field and scored against.  I never was athletic and never played team sports so I find it hard to give advice.  I'm not sure if Z is going to play baseball or not this season.  M and Z are at war over his grades.

M did a lot of yard work on Sunday.  He was SO mad at the kids.  Uh-hum.....  The boys raked leaves to play in last fall and left them.  They never got bagged.  The pile had turned into a nice goopy icky mess.  M is going to attempt again to grow grass on the other side of the side walk at the side of the house.  He's been trying for years, but the area has never amounted to more than dirt and some type of weedy coverage of some kind.  He's been wanting to put a watering system there for years, too, but something always comes up.  I stay out of his plans.  I've never been a gardener.  I've talked about having a small vegetable garden, but all it's been is Talk.

We've not completed any more work in the house.  We've not made the time.  I'm not fooling myself.  It's all about priorities.

No comments:

Post a Comment