Wednesday, May 5

Quilting with Half a Brain

Why is it when I have limited resources, I seem to make the most mistakes?  I tell myself to be careful, but Murphy's Law seems to dictate that I screw up.  Measure twice, cut once.  Check a pattern to make sure it's printed right before sewing.  These are only a couple of examples.

The fabric I picked for my moons and lettering was the perfect one.  It's from the Avlyn Calypso batik line, a very nice fabric that graduates across the WOF from light to dark.  It is not the perfect fabric for what I'm using it for because the tone I'm using is only about an 8" swatch through the middle of the yardage.  How idiotic of me....  I'm in the second yard and I really needed to be frugal and not make any mistakes.....

Too bad I quilt with half my brain MOST of the time.  Maybe I'm being too hard on myself.  I'm distracted when I'm sewing MOST of the time.  It really is a wonder that I haven't done more harm to myself rather than just having to sew things more than once.  I guess if this is the worst of my mistakes, I can count myself as lucky?

No comments:

Post a Comment