Tuesday, May 25

Fire and Ice


Wow!

Getting this block was really important.  I've seen other people's ideas for Fire and Ice and they didn't impress me.  I wanted to find a block that really brought fire and ice to mind.  I hesitated to use a fire fabric because I wasn't sure I would like the use of a novelty-type fabric in the block.  I found all the oranges in my stash!

I found the snowflake/ice crystal block pattern when I was looking for my graduation block pattern.  The idea hit me over the head!  I only had to find the right fabrics....

I'm pretty tickled about this block.  I'm drinking too much of my own kool-aid these days.  For someone whose life begins and ends over whether or not people like me and my work, I don't care this time.  I like this block!  I was that way with a couple of my Twilight Quilt blocks and it feels great to get a little bit of my mojo back....

Thank you for everyone that helped me make up my mind.

You'll notice I went with a totally different fabric.  I wanted "ice" for the outside.  I guess I kind of let that be known earlier.  I had planned on making a quick trip to the lqs on the way home from work today before I was reminded that C's Exit Interview/Presentation was today.  Then, I remembered I had another icey fabric in my stash--one of my discards for the Keeping the Faith Quilt I started a couple of months ago.

I was freaking out earlier because the block had some discoloration in the center.  I picked up something from my iron or over ironing and I took a Q-Tip to it last night.  I think the yellow batik may have bled a little or something.  I took some Oxyclean to the block tonight, rinsed it, and then dried it.  I think it's okay now.  phew

I'll be writing up an office Eclipse Quilt entry at The Twilight Quilters Coven blog soon with quotes and everything.




1 comment:

  1. Love the fabrics! It is awesome that you already had them!

    ReplyDelete