Wednesday, May 12

Reap What You Sew


I spent the evening working on a palm tree and even attached it to the block.

I love it when M reinforces what I think even when I don't want to admit to something or say it out loud.  I showed him and I told him that I knew it didn't look great, but that he needed to like it.  He squirmed and told me it didn't look right, voicing what I already knew.  I wasn't annoyed with him.  I was mega annoyed with myself!

My addition was total crap and I am crazed trying to come up with a solution.  I will NOT make this block over.

****Edited

I tend to make things very difficult on myself by trying to be too smart.  I didn't want to do it this way, adding a strip of fabric and piecing more water, but I think it's the only thing that looks halfway decent.



I searched the 'Net today for Jacksonville travel info, etc.  I found a page with the logo I drew in the upper right.  I'm going to embroider that as soon as I get some perle cotton.  Oh, and I'm out of thread.  I don't believe it.  I ran out making this block and had to root around for thread to use in my bobbin to finish it.  I may have to wait until Friday for payday.  grrrrrr  M says we can't buy anything that's not edible until I get paid because he still needs to pay the mortgage.

No comments:

Post a Comment