Tuesday, May 11

More Eclipse Quilt Blocks Ideas

The new Twilight Quilters..... blog is almost done. We're hoping to launch it next week. We've even secured a YahooGroups account. The "first" Breaking Dawn isn't to be released until November 2011 so there is plenty of time left for Twilight quilting. We hope to be able to complete many of the ideas I had originally before everything exploded.

I hope to finish Eclipse Charity Quilt: Trip to Jacksonville tonight. I've gathered opinions on the airplane and now I just need to make it work in the quilt block.



Linda Causee, 24 Tropical Quilt Blocks

The pattern from Paper Panache arrived yesterday that I'm going to use for Rosalie. I hope she doesn't end up looking too much like a zombie bride. I'll need to alter the pattern before I sew and I knew I would, but it's better than starting out from scratch and coming up with something lame. I wanted to represent Rosalie's actual story as featured in Eclipse. Let's hope that I can pull it off!

One of the next blocks is the Hunter and Prey block. (Bella spends time with Jacob while Edward is away hunting on the sly.) I have a couple of paper piece patterns for eagles, but I wasn't up to the challenge of working with a pattern that I would have to reduce more than 50% and the resulting need I would feel to go on about how bad a*s I was in completing it because it had a 1000 pieces like someone I know.  The pattern I selected will only have to be reduced to 70% and it's applique.  I'll just need to be sure I do some other appliqued blocks so it doesn't stick out like a sore thumb among all the pp blocks.




So, basically, I have all the blocks planned out in my mind.  I just need the time to make them.  The only ones I'm still trying to work out are the block for Bella's college choices and the Volturi.  I've been scouring the 'Net for ideas in my free time....  I don't want to leave anything on the table!


No comments:

Post a Comment