Saturday, May 15

A Day Out

S and I spent the day out.  We're going to go out tomorrow, too, with her friend like I promised.  C was spent the night at a friend's house last night and spent the day out, too.  The boys stayed home.  (I was hoping some work would get done, but you know how that goes....)  I had a nice day out and I tried to not to be anxious thinking about all I needed to get done at home.

We took advantage of the FB free bagel coupons at Einstein's.  They've brought the mango orange bagel back for summer!!  S got the usual--cinnamon sugar, toasted and buttered.  Free is good.....

I said I was going to hit the quilt shops and I did!  I finished my incentive card at Holly's with some FQs for "Hunter and Prey", a pattern for the New Moon Quilt, and a nice pink that I think I'm going to use for "Imprint."  I'm bummered that they were already out of the fabric I'm using for my white frames so I've got to figure out what to do about that.  M says I should just use another fabric--and I have a ton of white sparkly fabric because I buy it every time I see some.  He jests, especially when he knows about my matchy-matchy affliction.  I also got some nice red since I also can't seem to resist buying reds.  I was hoping to get up to Harriet's for more black for New Moon since they're closed on Sundays, but I couldn't justify going across town so I'll hit them next week since the store is actually closer to my work and it makes more sense.  I also visited GAQF, but not much was going on there.  I bought some of the softest brown flannel that I'm tempted to use for my paw prints.  They have a new employee there who doesn't know me and she hovered entirely too much.  She kept reminding me that I could put my fabric down.  I finally told her, politely I promise, that I had shopping there for about 15 years and knew the routine.  The last of my visits was to Fabric Expressions so I could get some felted wool for my pennants.  S and her friend have been bugging me to make them Twilight bags and I splurged on a pattern book that has pattern for a messenger bag.  I think it may be too big so I'll probably have to adjust the pattern.

I have my eye on a quilt story book for teacher gifts.  Just a Quilt by Dalen Keys.  The author will be in town next week and will be signing books at both Holly's and GAQF.  I'm really considering buying a book for the family and probably A's teacher.

We fit a trip into Walmart,  I went to the Supercenter on my mom's side of town because we needed groceries.  My kids will only eat Thomas brand bagels and I refuse to pay $4 for six at Kings when I can get them for $2 at Walmart.  C and Z like them for their lunches so we really go through them!  S saw some shorts and a top that she wanted.  I reminded her that we were going shopping tomorrow, but she didn't want to wait.  She is SO my daughter.

We finished our day with lunch at Panda Express.  I taught S how to use chopsticks.  She finally got the hang of it, sort of, before her food got cold.

I wasn't feeling my best today.  I'm sick again, but this time it's a cold.  It set in quick yesterday afternoon.  I keep getting sick!

I vacuumed the whole house, did two loads of laundry, made dinner, and traced my eagle for the next Eclipse block.  Why is it that I can get all this done in two hours, when the boys got nothing done in the six hours I was gone?  Because I'm a motivated mom, that's why.....

No comments:

Post a Comment