Friday, May 28

Less than Thrilled

I am less than thrilled with the latest Eclipse block.

I loved my concept.  I've had the pattern for months and decided to use it for the Imprinting block.  The heart has two strands that twist together and the heart also is a spiral.  It was meant to portray the intertwining of destinies and the ties that the wolves and their mates had to each other.  The pattern is a Piece by Number pattern which is one of my favorite paper piecing designers.





My first mistake was enlarging the pattern too much and not realizing it until I'd already made half of the block.  It finished at 7.5" and I had to square it up to 7" which means I lost 1/2" of the top because I wanted to keep the point of the heart.  I don't really want to make it again despite the block peicing pretty quickly.

My second mistake is not LOVING my fabric choices.  I like the paw print fabric that I used okay, but I struggled choosing the other heart strand and the background.  I really didn't want to use red fabric and I liked the pink, but....I don't know.  M insisted I use the background fabric that I did and I'm not in LOVE with that either.  I wanted the fabric to be earthy and I've used a lot of batiks so I wanted to continue with that.  The other gals were no help!

I also am struggling with my need to applique a large paw print on the block somewhere.  I'm afraid it won't look right or just be unneeded.

Help!


1 comment: