Wednesday, May 19

My New Moon Problem

I was working like gangbusters on the New Moon Quilt and then I hit a brick wall and...., okay, I got busy with the Eclipse blocks.  I ran out of fabric, which I still haven't replenished, and got discouraged because I couldn't figure out how to make things work.

I routinely overlook the obvious solutions.

Even though I stop working on a quilt, it doesn't mean that I stop thinking about it.  I've been thinking about New Moon a lot!

I'm kicking myself for how dumb I've been.

I will piece the letters together, including a strip of fabric between new and moon, so that I can sandwich this strip with batting and backing.  I think I'm going to outline quilt the letter or something and then I will bind it.  This section should still be able do what I want it to do in relation to the moons as long as I add enough black fabric, probably by a strips added to the top and bottom, and use my ribbon idea.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use the pattern I bought and incorporate the tulips.

I'm serious when I say that if I can overcome this problem, the rest of the quilt will be so much easier?!

No comments:

Post a Comment