Saturday, May 8

I Got Sunburned!

Ouch!

I can't believe it, but I got sunburned today....  It must have happened today at S's soccer game.  Her game started at 11:30 and finished about about 12:45.  I got just enough sun to turn my chest and the side of my neck a nice bright pink!  I didn't realize it until I looked in the mirror this evening when we got home from the soccer awards ceremony.  Now that I saw it and realized it, it hurts.  LOL  I didn't think I'd have to break out the aloe this early.  Here am I always warning the kids to get their sunscreen on.

The days are slipping away so I have no time to be lazy.  I've been searching online and in my memory to find a penguin block.  I had a bevy of choices, but from juvenile to realistic.  We wanted realistic and not too whimsical.  I finally remembered that I had purchased a penguin pattern from one of my favorite designers, Silver Linings Originals.  Linda is the best for her realistic animal and flower paper piecing patterns.  (I've used her patterns before.)

I've printed the pattern and now I just need to pick out my fabrics.

I haven't abandoned New Moon.  My next step is to piece the letters together.  I didn't consider the space I would have to place into between New and Moon so I have to figure out how that changes my design.  Always something with me.....

No comments:

Post a Comment